The cooking time on the greens depends on you. They will be lighter, less tender, but will retain more vitamins the less they are cooked. The longer they are cooked the more tender they will be.
2 tbsp oil
5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
1 bunch of collards, washed and chopped
1/2-1 cup veggie broth or water
2 tsp granulated garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
Pinch of black pepper or cayenne
Sea salt to taste
1. Stack greens and cut of stems
2. Roll stack of greens and cut into thin shreds about 1/4 -1/2 inch thick
3. Wash in a strainer until fully cleaned.
4. Saute garlic and onion in oil on med/low heat until soft (3-5) min
5. Add tomatoes and greens, saute for 5 min
6. Add veggie broth, garlic powder, soy sauce and pepper cook for 15
min, cover, stirring occasionally.
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
This recipe is also available in Afya’s book, The Vegan Soul Food Guide to the Galaxy!